so after gawking at some crafts on one of my favorite websites i decided to share some cute ideas i saw.
some of them will be followed by pictures and some of them won't but i just thought i'd put up the cute ideas i saw anyways:
1. coffee stencils made out of pringles lids.
-you know how when you get a cute latte, mocha, hot chocolate, etc., and it has a cute little design on top? you can make your own at home out of a pringles lid! just find a design you like, trace it on top of the lid, cut it out, and wah lah! STENCIL! then shake your cinnamon, cocoa, whatever you desire on top of your drink, and wah lah! COFFEE STENCIL !
2. rolodex scrapbook
-making a scrapbook out of rolodex cards using just about anything and everything to remember your little memories. how cute is this idea. whoever created this thing is a genius. i know that this idea would help me if i ever needed a pick me up if i were missing something because all i would have to do is go over to my counter that my rolodex was on and flip through little index card memories to feel better.
3. toilet paper tube animals
-the website was all in spanish, and maybe you can read spanish but i know that personally i cannot. maybe someday, but for now im going to use common sense and say that they just pushe the top downs to create the little ears? then painted the tube. maybe it was the other way around. either way im sure it doesn't matter, as long as it gets painted. unless you have a steady hand with painting, i would suggest using a sharpie to draw the darker details like the face, whiskers, feathers, etc. how darling are these though!
4. button magnets
-self explanitory really. but its such a cute idea. get some cute buttons, cut out magnets the size of the button, glue the magnet on to the button, and there you have a cute little button with a magnet button! LOVE IT.
-i made these with my daycare kids one time for mother's day. they turned into flowers and they painted flower pots to put them in. they turned out a little different because i didnt round the edges. you can visit the site for full directions. i want these in my room above my bed!
so very sorry. june seems to have been slipping right through my fingers. the middle of the month already? seriously. its actually nearing the end of the month considering its now on the latter part of the middle of the month. lets see though...as far as what ive been up to...
1. ive been able to lay out! three time (all on my days off that ive had the past week and a half.) thats been so nice. and so ive gotten myself some nice color. i was beginning to wonder if i lived in the north pole and not arizona.
2. ive been eating pretty well and finally have been seeing results. so excited about that.
3. i fixed my car. all on my own. i mean i didn't personally fix my car. but i paid for it by myself and i felt very good about that.
4. i worked. obvs. thats a given though. so thats not something exciting to update you on.
5. i went to CHURCH! it was such a great service. i haven't gone in over two years and i am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason, so i know that that night was meant for me because the message spoke to me in ways that i can't even begin to tell you.
6. talked to my grandma in boise on the phone.
7. talked to my grandma in new jersey, who's visiting in boise on the phone. that felt disappointing because im not in boise to see her. i miss her. she is wonderful.
8. gave myself a pedicure. it looks so cute!
9. went out with some friends and met some new people.
10. checked my mail and got a huge pile of it out of the mail box thing at the apartment mail room. (yes i put this on the list because i NEVER check my mail.)
11. oh and i got a kitten ring tone. its cute. this definitely should make the list.
we made our own common room last night. yes you read that correctly. kylie and i made our very own gryffindor common room last night. you see...i put the sorting hat on and was sorted into GRYFFINDOR. (really people, did you you expect anything less?)
and i thought (out loud of course) "KYLIE we HAVE to make a common room somehow!!" so, we created a fort in the living room.
and yes it was amazing. and no im not pouting. then we decided to try on our invisibility cloaks that obviously worked because you definitely CANNOT see us in the next two photos despite our best efforts to make us known that we are in fact extremely visible.
also kylie forgot that it wasn't july, the month in which christmas is sometimes celebrated, but mostly the month in which we celebrate our fellow classmate harry potter's birthday...
after all of this documentation of our amazingness we decided to take a best friend picture and get back to studying our spells. our owls are coming up. duh. THE END.
do you see all of these black and white photos i just found? do you kno who could be happy here for the rest of her life? well the correct answer is not your friend judy, or your friend bill. NOPE! the answer is me. i have wanted to live here since i was four or five. it would be magical, splendid, infinitely wonderful. do i need more adjectives to describe it? possibly. but i think you're catching my drift.
i love new york city more than any other place on this planet. i do believe i could be happy here for the rest of my life.
sometimes, looking at other peoples blogs can be so inspiring. i have definitely come across one or two that i read weekly (if not daily) and have left me so inspired to want to be a better person. especially lately since i have been feeling so lost...its just been nice to read blogs about people who have wonderful, simple lives in which they've found happiness. theres also some blogs that i love to look at because they are just fun, or cute, or just directed more towards my interest.
so for your viewing pleasure here are some reads that i just absolutely adore:
id like to own a thousand umbrellas. wouldn't that be neat? i mean, maybe not a thousand but at least ten. i just saw my background on my twitter page and realized how adorable they really are. im looking at umbrellas online right now and i had no idea they were so many different styles and types. how cute would it be if your job were to be an "umbrella designer." i think someone who was extremely adorable with good style would be perfect for that job. they must have a plethora of umbrellas at their house too.
i think people only believe umbrellas are for the rain. ive seen a few people here in arizona though, that have umbrellas to block the sunshine! im sure some people think they are just crazy for blocking the sunshine, but when it gets super hot here i can definitely understand why umbrellas are a necessity for that purpose. i prefer however, to have an umbrella to cease the rain from landing on my head. i love the rain, i do. but i don't love bad hair days, and i dont love rain adding to bad hair days. and i especially dont love rain ENDING a GREAT hair day.
so this fall i have decided i will be acquiring an unnecessary amount of umbrellas.