well...that is SUCH a hard question to answer. to be quite honest, there are too many things i am excited about. i cant just pick one. lets start by me saying: moving to a new place, city, state, country can be terrifying in and of itself BUT i have been looking for jobs and apartments non-stop the past two weeks and doing any and all research that i can so i am so ready once i get there. tonight i was hoping to stumble along a arizona blog of some sort. one that is like somewhat like mine or one that i have hope mine can be like someday. i wanted to find a blog somewhat like "the rockstar diaries" because I love how she writes hers and I love what its about. It doesn't have a fashion focus, or a "heres how to be a great mom" focus...its just her life and what she does everyday and the things that she enjoys. very simple.
anyways, i wanted to find an arizona blog like that (or at least a phoenix based one) AND I COULDNT ! do you know what this means? either a) I used very poor google searching skills (highly doubtful because i somehow can end up finding anything and everything) or b) there REALLY just is no blog like that. EITHER WAY...i couldn't find one and this means that i, kaileigh elizabeth, will just have to be the first one to create a blog like this for arizona. i am SO excited. this will give me a little more focus in this blog because instead of strongly disliking the place i currently reside, i can post pictures of myself actually going out and doing things and sharing that with you in a place i can call home that i LOVE.
enough about that though...after giving up my search, i decided to look up some things that i am so excited to do when i get there in two weeks. of course, i will have to get settled in and find a job before i can actually start going out and doing things (money will be tight for a little while). but, i did find some things to do that i am just so seriously, incredibly, highly anticipating !
1. sprinkles cupcakes : there is a sprinkles in scottsdale !! hello cupcakes. hello heaven. okay okay so i have yet to try sprinkles (i did try magnolias and crumbs) but i am very excited to do so.
2. RA sushi : have any of you eaten here? this place is delicious. i went here two years ago with my best friend in the entire world jaemi botero and my other best friend sara rodriguez when we went to California. We ate at the RA in huntington beach. So DELICIOUS !
3. as seen in "the rockstar diaries", she and her husband go on a hunt around dc for the best burger. HELLO i love hamburgers ! "the grind" won "best burger" this year for arizona best so you can bet ill definitely be trying this place. i dont want to copy her idea of hamburgers so i am going to go on a hunt for the best...something. what it is, i dont know yet. but im going to go on a hunt of some sort.
4. there are about 2039482039 shopping centers. need i say more ?
5. i get to paint my own apartment. its overwhelming the amount of possibilities there are for wall colors. ill make sure to post pictures when i do.
6. two pools at the complex i am going to rent from (cross your fingers !) ...as i said about the shopping centers...need i say more ?
7. new job. new life. new friends. new adventures. new city. new state. new everything. i cant wait. new new new. this seriously will be the time for me to show people the real me. they will get to know me for me and not based off what they have heard from someone else because i dont know anyone.
8. music venues...gah i cant wait for the endless options of shows to go see.
9. as i was saying before with a "hunt for the best hamburger", apparenty "the main ingredient" has the best hot dogs. i love hot dogs. i know theyre for some and not for others but im really excited to tree these.
10. the main street art walk : all i know is its in mesa and it sounds neat !! why not go try it right?
11 the scottsdale art festival : i love any and all things art (paintings, theater, etc.) so i think this is right up my alley.
12. indie craft festival: diy and vintage...what else is there to say. anyone who knows me knows i love crafts. i also REALLY adore vintage too.
anyways theres not much right there...only twelve things. but i must be going to bed. ill show you other things im excited about tomorrow. i hope everyone has had a fabulous start to their week.